Doctors and researchers are constantly looking for new and more effective ways to treat mesothelioma. While standard treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery currently offer the best outcomes, a number of other promising treatments have already been used in combination with standard treatments (with success), while others are currently being tested with high hopes.
Some of these new treatments include:
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemoperfusion (HIPEC)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Gene Therapy
- Immunotherapy: Cancer Vaccines and Tremelimumab
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy
If you are interested in learning more about the multiple mesothelioma treatment options available to patients, complete the form below to request a free mesothelioma book of answers or contact us to discuss your options and for a referral to a qualified physician.